#85: Lisa’s Confession: F*ck Dieting – This is Me!
Lisa confesses about a radical decision she made around her body and food this year that has been brewing for over 30 of her 50 years on the planet. She’s also releasing this episode on video, which is a significant decision for her, as you’ll learn on the show.
Hear what wounds Lisa uncovered around her self-image that she thought she’d healed, plus find out 12 surprising things she’s learned in the 9 months since this journey began.
Beyond personal revelations, you’ll find out what Lisa—who is very much in process with this new GFR path—discovered about the perception of bigger bodies in society, the way fat people are treated (or mistreated) by the medical community, and the surprising origin story of fat shaming in our culture. Lisa also confesses some internal biases she recognized that she has against fat bodies, and how she’s beginning to rewire them.
Whether you listen to the podcast or watch the video on Lisa’s YouTube channel, the intention is for you to hear something that activates something meant to be activated in you, in the divine right time and way.
Grab Lisa’s Gift:
- The 12 GFR Commandments – download your own copy now
- Join the GFR Squad – get started for just 20 Bucks! Plus experience Lisa GFRing all over the place in the private SQUAD Quad Facebook Group 😉
- The Fuck It Diet – Caroline Dooner
- Intuitive Eating – Evelyn Tribole & Elyse Resch
- Body Respect – Linda Bacon
- Health At Every Size – Linda Bacon
- Food Isn’t Medicine – Dr. Joshua Wolrich
BODY IMAGE / SOCIAL JUSTICE BOOKS
- The Body is Not an Apology – Sonya Renee Taylor
- You Have the Right to Remain Fat – Virgie Tovar
- Fearing the Black Body: The Racial Origins of Fat Phobia – Sabrina Strings
- Caste: The Origins of Our Discontents – Isabel Wilkerson (This is a key text for my Racial Bias studies and I believe a ‘must read’ for any leader )
- The F*ck It Diet – IG: @thefuckitdiet
- Love, Food
- How to Love Your Body
- Body Image w/Bri – IG: @bodyimagewithbri
- Intutive Eating for the Culture (BIPOC focus)
- TED Talk – “I Am Fat – How to Be Confident And Love Your Body At Any Size” (shocking ending that made me cry)
- Poodle Science – An animated video exposing the limitations of current research on weight and health
- Behind the Before and After: Intuitive Eating and Body Image Documentary